North Central, NM
A small hospital located in North Central NM, about 45 mins from Santa Fe, has a need for an experienced Chief Nursing Officer to join their team. Candidates MUST have recent CNO experience in an acute care hospital. For Profit experience is preferred. Their biggest business is outpatient. Their daily census on the floor is about 10-12. They are located in a small mountain town just below the Jemez mountains. They are about 45 minutes from Santa Fe, 2 hours from Albuquerque, NM. The community is highly educated and very health conscious. They have their own ski hill, golf course, aquatic center. The schools are the best in the state. Being a small facility lends to a family like atmosphere with our staff. Their facility focuses on quality initiatives and a culture of safety. The views and hiking are incredible.
• Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
• Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
• Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
• Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
• Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
• Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
• Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
• Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
• Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
• Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
• Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
• Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
• Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
• Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
• Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
• Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
• Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
• Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
• Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
Education: Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization. Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
Licenses: Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
This city is a place of ancient village sites, spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife, uncommon high-altitude recreational opportunities, small-town friendliness, world-class cultural activities, fascinating history, and world-changing technology development. Visit us and you will make your own discoveries at every turn in the road, bend in the trail, and visit to one of our many attractions. The city's community life features small-town living with friendly neighbors, low crime, and an excellent school system. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound. The scenery and natural surroundings are truly awe-inspiring. The city is a forty-minute drive to Santa Fe, a city with an international reputation for southwest culture, arts, and cuisine. The residents have the dual benefit of small town living coupled with close proximity to a diverse variety of cultural and entertainment possibilities.
Salary negotiable based on experience plus 30% bonus.