This position will be an entry level associate of the 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) monitoring and incident detection team.
The candidate must have a basic understanding of incident detection and analysis, cyber security concepts and network fundamentals.
• Monitor the networks for malicious activity using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets. This will include responding to and investigating alerts and ensuring all investigative activity is properly documented in our ticketing systems and followed up with relevant support teams.
• Assist Tier 1 analysts with triaging issues escalated to the information security team, and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken by the SOC.
• Highly motivated individual with a genuine enthusiasm for information security and technology;
• Willingness to work shifts (including unsociable hours and holidays where these fall into your shift pattern) as part of a 24x7 team.
• Basic understanding of information security principles and best practices;
• Good communication skills both written and verbal;
• Basic knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments;
• Ability to prioritize workloads and to know when to seek guidance.
• Microsoft Exchange Online Protection
• McAfee Data Loss Prevention
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field
• Must be able to meet all Law & Justice and departmental clearance requirements prior to starting work and be eligible to pass law enforcement level background investigations and obtain U.S. SECRET (or similar) clearances as required.