Position: System Engineer II
Location: Tucson, AZ
The System Engineer II will be part of the system development team focusing on the development of a cutting edge next-generation sequencing (NGS) software, system for IVD assays and applications. The individual will be part of a team tasked with software integration for automation solutions, as well as systems engineering activities for those automation solutions for the NGS platform.
Experience and Responsibilities:
· Expertise in all phases of Systems Development in an IVD environment is required.
· Expertise in system verification and validation/requirement management/risk management is preferred.
· Understanding of agile development practices, including incremental systems development is desirable.
· Software background in hardware/software integration including working with software simulators to mimic system integration is desirable.
· Expertise in any robotic liquid handling instruments such as Hamilton, Tecan, Agilent, etc. is preferred.
· Strong laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques and concepts is preferred.
· Expertise in design and development of Molecular Sample Preparation Automation instruments is desirable.
· Knowledge of all phases of NGS workflows and data analysis is desirable.
· Strong interdisciplinary (hardware/software/assay) know-how is desirable.
· Experience using automated (SW) testing tools to drive systems integration is desirable.
The individual responsibilities are:
· Works hands-on with a strong software/instrument /platform/assay development background to troubleshoot systems, including robotic liquid handling systems, and automated assay protocols, identify opportunities for quality improvements, provide root causes of complex HW-SW-Assay interaction problems, and communicate test results and corrective recommendations to the team.
· Works independently with general management direction, conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned tasks and projects.
· Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to Product Requirements.
· Summarizes experimental results and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
· Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
· Works closely with external and internal design teams to understand and resolve product performance issues.
· Contributes to feasibility and verification test campaigns.
· Writes test cases and implements and executes them to verify the hardware, software and system performance.
· Applies Systems Development methodologies in a regulated IVD project.
· You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
· Required BS, MS or equivalent experience in engineering, sciences, or related field with thorough technical knowledge; preferred MS
· Experience working with software, robotic liquid handling instruments, and strong laboratory proficiency
· Experience working on development of diagnostic devices under strict IVD design control processes, experimental design, versatile laboratory practice, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
· Required BS or equivalent with 2-6 years related experience or MS with 2-3 years related experience; preferred MS with 3+ years related experience.
Thanks and Regards,
Source Consulting LLC