COMPANY: ONIT Projects Inc.
POSITION REQUIRED: Carpenter
JOB TYPE(S) OFFERING: Full Time or Contract Services
PROJECT LOCATION: High Level, AB
WHO WE ARE:
ONIT Projects Inc. is a construction management company that specializes in the construction of all levels of commercial development including Office, Medical, Retail, Medium density condominiums, Petroleum/Convenience Stores and Commercial Truck Stops. We have completed many turnkey and build-to-suit projects which include initial site design to office furnishings and everything in between. The principle owners of ONIT Projects Inc. have completed a portfolio of more than a dozen large projects successfully since its inception in 2015. These projects have been located as far east as New Brunswick and as far west as the Rocky Mountains.
Backed by our entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and commitment to great customer service and satisfaction, ONIT Projects Inc. has been awarded several large projects to begin in spring of 2020. We continue to expand considering our aggressive 2020 growth plan. To support this growth, we are seeking to welcome the right candidates into our team.
TITLE OF JOB OFFERING: We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as Carpenter, reporting to the Site Supervisor.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a skilled Journeyman Carpenter with experience in commercial projects. The Qualities we are seeking are as follows:
-Strong Organizational skills
-Excellent people management skills
-Flexible to the needs of the role
-Available seven days a week (if necessary)
-Excellent Communication skills
-Knowledge an experience with building codes
-Able to read and interpret blueprints
-Strength in Scheduling
-Certified in First Aid and CSTS safety
WE WOULD NEED YOU TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
• Read and interpret construction plans and blueprints to determine the materials and dimensions specified
• Construct wood forms for concrete construction projects including building foundations
• Construct wooden framing including walls and floors
• Install roof systems, partitions, and stairs
• Install light-gauge and load-bearing steel framing
• Fit and install prefabricated items including window frames, door jambs, windows, and doors.
• Move material on the construction site
• Help clean-up work sites for turn over
• Maintain and clean tools/equipment
• Interpret and apply information found in drawings, specifications, building codes, and /or receive instructions from a supervisor.
• Layout, install, or remove temporary structures and fixtures including scaffolding, guards, railings, and rigging installations.
• Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
• Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and moulding
• Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials
• Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
• Help erect, level, and install building framework with the aid of rigging hardware and cranes
• Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
• Instruct and direct laborers and other construction helpers with Site Supervisor and Assistant Site Supervisor
• The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
• A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
• Excellent communications skills
• Maintain and ensure safe working conditions, follow company safety procedures and ensure site regulations are met at all times
• Perform other duties as required.
THE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
• Minimum 3 years of direct experience with the above duties as a carpenter
• Experience with commercial projects
• Must be able to work in a multi-trade environment.
• Physically fit with an ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl for long periods of time.
• Able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds often, and occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with other employees and supervisors.
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• OSSA Fall Protection certification
• Confined Space
• 1+ years’ experience in finish carpentry
• Additional 1+ years’ experience in rough carpentry preferred
• Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw, miter saw, and jigsaw
• Possession of basic hand tools and reliable transportation to job sites
• Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
• Capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 80 pounds while doing so
• Knowledge of lumber grades and countertop materials
• Journeyman Red Seal (Preferred)
• CPR & AED and first aid certifications.
• Fall protection certification preferred.
• Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations.
• Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Strong multitasking skills
• Must have a commitment to safe work practices and be able to adhere to safety policies
• Reliable, organized and self-motivated individual who follows up and follows through
• Ability to lift heavy materials and work at heights (up to 50 feet)
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract
• Extensive knowledge of home building, construction process, building codes and safety regulations.
• Certified SCOT (Safety Construction Orientation Training)
• Working knowledge of computer application skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft Project, and having previous experience with Field Wire or an equivalent field management software platform for construction teams, will be a preferred asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Are proactive and have creative problem-solving skills.
WHAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
• Safety gear including steel-toed boots, vest, gloves, safety glasses
• Laptop to run Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Field Wire Applications
• Cell phone with 10 Megapixels resolution camera will be considered an asset
WHY WORK WITH US:
We operate in an environment of teamwork that is empowering, positive, enthusiastic, and fun. Our commitment is to our people…because it is our people that decide our direction through hard work, a passion for customer service, and always keeping in mind that we are part of a team. Together we succeed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer competitive wages, career advancement, on-site training, the work environment for Safety Code Compliant casual dress, free on-site parking, bonus incentive program, and the opportunity to work in a variety of construction-type projects to help you build your skill sets and experience level.
LOGISTICS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
The role includes out-of-town travel, the ability to work indoors or on site and in a variety of weather conditions, as well as the opportunity to work extended hours, if or as required.
• Submit a resume detailing your experience. Provide references along with previous company name(s), contact information with phone number(s). (Please note that references will only be contacted if you are being considered for the first round of interviews.)
• Please state remuneration expectation and what abilities you bring to the table to achieve that level of income.
• Please provide your availability to when you can start work.
• Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit.
• Please email all the above to:
• Also, please ensure that the subject line contains the job title.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by July 13, 2020.
To all recruitment agencies: ONIT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not contact or forward resumes. ONIT Projects Inc. is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.