Seeking a Director of Case Management for Roswell, New Mexico
The Director of Case Management, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), serves as an Inter-disciplinary team member to coordinate the delivery of health care services leading to quality outcomes for the Hospital population and their families within the limits of the financial and social resources available. A registered nurse who manages the medical center’s Case Management services. Customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees. Has authority to hire or fire other employees (or to make recommendations as to hiring, firing, promotion or other change of status of other employees that are given a particular weight). Will be responsible for 6 FTE and the position reports to the CFO.
• Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
• Master’s preferred
• Minimum 5 years of acute clinical experience and a minimum of 3 years Clinical Case Management/Utilization Review experience (preferred).
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and handle several complex situations simultaneously.
• Maintains adequate physical and mental health to meet job performance standards.
• Theoretical knowledge of the nursing process, case management and continuity of care.
• Advances assessment and teaching skills.
• Motivation for self-direction, integrity and initiative.
• Attention to detail and follow-up. Speaks and reads English fluently.
• Ability to exercise supervisory skills and demonstrate leadership, creativity.
• Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM.
• CPI Certification must be obtained in NEO.
• Managed Care Certification or Certified Case Manager preferred.
• BLS required.
• ACLS and PALS preferred.
Roswell is a city in southeastern New Mexico with an approximate population of 50,000) It's renowned as the site of an alleged 1947 UFO crash. The International UFO Museum and Research Center has display panels and a library. Spring River Park and Zoo is home to native animals and an antique carousel. The Anderson Museum of Contemporary Art shows work from the Roswell Artist-in-Residence Program. The Roswell Museum & Art Center focuses on southwestern art.