Entourage is accepting resumes for this role:
Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Place of Performance: Westhampton Beach, NY
Strength and Conditioning Specialist shall design, implement and monitor individualized strength and conditioning programs.
• Design, implement and monitor daily workout plan.
• Assist the PT / IM and ATC with rehabilitation program exercises.
• Assist in the education of the GA operators on topics to include nutrition, sleep, supplementation and recovery.
• If not able to be accomplished by the PT/IM or ATC, and adequately trained, perform postural and biomechanical analyses to assist with identifying contributing factors relating to faulty movement patterns.
• If not able to be accomplished by the PT/IM or ATC, and adequately trained, utilize the results of tactile and functional movement assessments to make recommendations concerning corrective exercise strategies.
• Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the Human Performance Optimization (HPO) facility.
• If not able to be accomplished by the PT/IM or ATC, and adequately trained, utilize therapeutic taping, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization, muscle energy or proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) techniques as needed to complement the strength and conditioning program.
• Provide guidance to help prevent injury and to maximize the operators’ physical conditioning and performance.
• Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to operators and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Serve as an advisor to the HPO program manager in matters related to injury prevention, sports medicine and rehabilitation.
• Collaborate throughout the HPO to enhance the quality of programs delivered.
• Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the HPO stays current with the provision of programming.
• Provide input for the development and utilization of the HPO data collection strategies.
• Participate in the collection and reporting of workload data as requested by the HPO program manager.
• Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contributes to a safe training environment.
• Shall travel to various locations as determined by Officer during the performance of this contract to attend meetings and conferences concerning the HPO program.
• Shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Masters highly preferred) in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education discipline and shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
• Shall have a minimum of three (3) years of salaried professional experience working with elite level athletes within the SOF community, NCAA division one preferred, or professional sporting ranks as a certified SCS. Internship hours/experience will not be considered professional experience.
• Shall be a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, a Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA), a certified Sports Performance Coach through the United States of America Weightlifting Association (USAWA), possess certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or be certified by the Starting Strength Coaches Association (SSCA).
• It is highly preferred that those personnel providing SCS services shall have additional credentials as a soft tissue specialist, such as being a Licensed Massage Specialist (LMT) or that of other providers of manual therapy for soft tissue injuries.
• Shall have a current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Device (AED) training. Shall be capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions, the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and the ability to lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20 kilograms.