Entourage is accepting resumes for this role:
Physical Therapist/Injury Manager
Place of Performance: Westhampton Beach, NY
Physical Therapist/Injury Manager shall provide musculoskeletal injury care, utilizing approved supplemental clinical privileges including the ordering of imaging studies, laboratory tests, basic pharmaceuticals, and referrals to specialty providers as indicated.
• Serve as the onsite Injury Manager (IM) for the assigned unit tasked with coordinating operator medical care needs to include directly assisting the injured operator’s interactions with Tricare for medical referrals, other civilian doctors/facilities or military medical treatment facility (MTF).
• Serve as the onsite IM for managing the metrics related to unit injury trends.
• Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to GA. Identify opportunities for improvement in prevention and care strategies.
• Serve as an advisor to the unit Human Performance Optimization (HPO) Manager in matters related to injury prevention, sports medicine and rehabilitation.
• Conduct equipment, product and literature reviews to ensure the HPO stays current with the provision of care.
• Provide input for the development and utilization of relevant data collection strategies.
• Conduct peer (record) reviews for the HPO staff as directed.
• Conduct the collection and reporting of workload data as requested by the unit HPO Manager.
• Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contribute to a safe working environment.
• Shall travel to various locations as determined by Officer during the performance of this contract to attend meetings and conferences concerning the HPO program.
• Shall possess a Master’s or Doctorate degree in physical therapy from an accredited college or university with board certification through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) as either an Orthopedic or Sports Clinical Specialist (O/SCS).
• Shall have additional credentials as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association or as a Sports Performance Coach through the United States of America Weightlifting Association (USAWA).
• Shall have demonstrated history of performing manual therapy, trigger point dry needling, soft tissue mobilization and functional taping, and use of Combination Therapy (Ultrasound and Electric Stimulation Therapy).
• Shall have a minimum of three (3) years of salaried professional experience working with elite athletes within the military Special Operations Forces (SOF) community, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), division one preferred or professional sports, as a certified PT/IM. Internship hours/experience will not be considered professional experience.
• Shall be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges. PT shall maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification to be credentialed. Previous experience working with Tricare Medical system is highly desired.
• Shall have a current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Device (AED) training.
• Shall be capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions, the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and the ability to lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20 kilograms.