Addendum A Send Resumes to:
JOB TITLE: PURCHASING & LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: PURCHASING MANAGER
WORK HOURS: NON EXEMPT
SUMMARY: The Purchasing & Customer Service Clerk is under limited supervision from the Purchasing Manager, or other members of Management, and will provide a wide range of clerical/administrative support to these assigned Departments.
I. GENERAL DUTIES:
1. Will be back up to both Purchasing and Order Desk/Logistics in their absence
2. Learn all areas of Order Desk/Logistics such as Customer specifications, order taking, rate quotes, domestic and export shipping documents, invoicing, scheduling orders, sample requests, month end and yearend reports, etc…
3. Learn all areas of purchasing such as preparing quote requests, requisition and purchase order preparation, scheduling of vendors, following up on open orders, etc…
4. Add new material to file records, and create new records as necessary
5. Answer questions about records and files
6. Maintain procurement records
7. Maintain vendor records that include the following information: physical location, mailing address, contact, telephone number, fax number, email address, notes (vendor performance, ordering tips, shipping information etc.) and purchase history
8. Maintain materials/equipment records that contain the following information: item name/description, vendor(s), cross reference to the item specification file and a two year purchase history
9. Perform periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
10. Gather materials to be filed from departments and employees
11. Various clerical duties including typing, faxing, photo copying, data entry
12. Provide backup to send, maintain log and distribute faxes
13. Follow-up on any daily/weekly faxes that are not received
14. Other duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager, and/or other management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED. AA Degree or equivalent preferred and/or two years related experience. Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer applications desirable.
2. English Language Skills
Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization. Ability to effectively present information, both verbally and in writing.
3. Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
4. Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
5. Other Requirements
Intermediate or higher level of experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Intermediate or higher level of experience with Internet search engines.
Basic or higher level of experience with database management applications.
Typing speed of 40 words per minute or more and ten-key by touch.
Good verbal communicator
Strong organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
NOTE: Some weekend work may be required. Regular Attendance is an essential duty.
The Company reserves the right, at any time, with or without advance notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position, or assign additional job responsibilities.