- BS Geology
- Relevant MS/PhD is an advantage
- Geological investigation and soil mechanics and laboratory testing for Feasibility study and Detailed Engineering Design of drainage works.
- At least 7 years experience as GEOLOGIST in flood control projects
- Responsible for the conduct of geological investigations and analysis consisting of, but not limited to: collection of geological information; investigation of areas with observed/possible slope failure, tension cracks, slips, sink holes, landslide scars and the likes, and areas with settlement and subsidence; and geological mapping.
- Identify areas with geological problems and difficulties, and water bearing stratum causing subsurface discharge, which could affect the stability of the proposed flood control/river improvement works.
- Recommend appropriate foundation structures based on the factual geological conditions.
- Provide inputs to the required deliverables.
- Prepare the Final Design Report of the Project.