- The main duty of a janitress is to maintain and observe cleanliness in the
premises of the building.
- This includes sweeping, mopping, waxing, scrubbing and disinfecting the
floors and stairs, dusting furniture, disinfecting comfort rooms and other
- A janitress has also the duty of maintaining the security and safety of
- This means, the janitress has to always check if the doors are securely
locked, the lights and faucets are closed and all electrical equipment are
plugged out of the socket.
- A janitress is also responsible for replacing consumable utilities such as
toilet paper and towels when they run out.
- A janitress also has the duty of placing equipment and tools back to their
respective places for orderliness.