Position: Satellite System Engineer - Technical Lead - VA
Location: Chantilly VA
Education: Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI Security Clearance is required at the time of hire
Client Company engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
Client company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Client Company has an immediate opening for a Satellite Systems Engineer – Technical Lead. The position focuses on mission CONOPS development, analysis and planning, but not the daily operations as various partner organizations complete those day-to-day operations. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. Client company Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Representative Duties and Tasks:
The Satellite System Engineer – Technical Lead will be part of a small team that supports a larger program. This small team operates through a keen understanding of mission purpose and system capability monitors. The team analyzes, and alters various overhead sensing platforms as well as associated ground systems and networks. The selected applicant will analyze system data for anomalous behavior and work to correct such behaviors as well as troubleshoot connectivity issues to maintain data flow. As system capabilities are added or enhanced the selected engineer will assist the team to understand how best to take advantage of these additional abilities by performing trade studies and relevant analysis. The selected engineer will also provide technical leadership and assist in the development of future programs by creating day-in-the-life simulations and contributing to overall mission CONOPs. The selected engineer will work directly with the customer on a daily basis and identify new technical tasks that the GDMS team will support.
This position is within the customer work environment and requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to act with technical precision and speed.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, or Computer Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering or Electrical Engineering or the equivalent and at least ten years of related work experience, or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Agile experience preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of space systems, basic orbital mechanics
• Demonstrated experience with space mission management and planning activities
• Familiarity with satellite mission ground systems including development and functional operation
• Active TS/SCI Security Clearance is required at the time of hire
Agile experience preferred.
• Preference given to candidates with familiarity with using STK to perform simulations and trade studies
• Proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Proficient written and verbal communications skills
• Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
• Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
• Proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface on a daily basis with the GDMS program manager and customer, and to lead junior staff to meet program requirements and schedule
Degree Types and Experience:
Typical candidates for the Satellite Systems Engineer position have a Bachelor's degree Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Electrical Engineering or the equivalent and at least ten years of related work experience.
Department of Defense Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.