45%: Customer service skills to include phone support and ticket support.
35%: Work with monitoring tools. Knowledge of at least one mainframe computer system including related components, their configuration and function
10%: Run batch for printing for Maine Department of Labor
10%: Analyze operations and arrange components into logical sequences.
• Monitors state network and state applications for completion and errors. Reports errors according to SOP's.
• Acts as an extension to the Service Desk taking after hour's calls to assist with troubles.
• Enters all calls into a log book and into an internet based tracking system for trouble tickets.
• Discriminates between critical and non-critical jobs, and makes contact with programmers as necessary.
• Browse pending, ongoing, and completed RFC's, in order to keep a general knowledge of changes occurring, or that have been completed.
• Reports hardware problems on the IBM system. Usually I/O errors on tape drives, which must be documented into an internet based tracking system and paper log book. Document any other hardware problems in a similar manner.
• Mounts input tapes on the IBM system. Also, removes used output tapes from the loaders and file in the racks.
• Checks condition codes on certain IBM jobs to be sure they have run correctly. Reports failures to IBM System Analyst
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions
• Ability to lift 35 lbs.
• Windows 7, Intermediate
• Windows 8, Beginner
• PC/Laptop, Intermediate
• Excellent record of dependability
• Immediate availability
• Mainframe (application), Beginner
Waiting for your prompt and positive response.