Capital Project Engineer
$95-115k + bonus
Our food manufacturing client is looking to add a Capital Project Engineer in the Springfield, OH area. This Engineer will initiate and execute mid-to large-sized capital projects that improve plant operations.
• Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements and performance standards.
• Coordinate multiple projects with management, plant personnel, engineering, suppliers and consultants; provide on-site supervision of contractors as required.
• Review and recommend changes to plant layout to optimize flow for new and replacement equipment.
• Analyze and recommend warehouse and material handling methods.
• Comply and submit information for all required department/corporate monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Will support capital experience projects.
• Will work on up to 12 projects at a time across 2-3 different sites.
• Travel throughout U.S. and Europe.
• Bachelor’s required; preferably in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
• 3-5 years of experience in processing and/or packaging manufacturing.
• Background in Continuous Manufacturing with preference for specialty chemicals, food or pharmaceutical industries.
• CPG, nutritional or food processing experience is preferred.
• Experience with continuous improvement, Lean or Six Sigma is preferred.
• Understanding of systems and controls integration would be a plus.
Project Engineer, CPG, nutritional, packaging, manufacturing, food, processing, food processing, lean, six sigma, continuous improvement, integration, projects