Process Planner / Maintenance Planner
Looking for candidates with Manufacturing experiencing - especially machining.
Hours 7am-3:30pm/4pm Monday-Friday
The Process Planner is responsible for creating Master Routers which outline the steps in the manufacturing process for creating part families or assemblies
• Create and enter master routers into the SAP system.
• Create or modify production order routers in SAP system
• Create production orders in SAP System
• Create materials, routers and BOM’s in SAP for in-plant tooling and fixturing.
• Determine when special tooling or gages are required to manufacture components and assure that they are procured in time to meet production dates.
• Perform manufacturing cost estimates in support of Sales and Engineering.
• Maintain the SAP router database.
• Review engineering drawings for accuracy and producibility.
• Work with Design Engineering during the design phase to insure the designed part can be economically produced.
• Assist schedulers with "how to" decisions when routing changes are necessitated by machine down time, material substitutions, etc.
• Develop outside sources for special manufacturing processes not possessed by LUFKIN.
Qualifications: Associate degree in Industrial or Machine Technology, or equivalent, or 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/machining environment.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• Comprehensive knowledge of blueprint reading.
• Working knowledge of SAP.
• Working knowledge of machining processes and component assembly.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing materials and heat treatment.
• Working knowledge of quality assurance, part inspection methods and tools.
• Working knowledge of SAP costing system.
• Good computer skills including MS office and Excel software.
• Good communication and technical writing skills.