Duration: 12+ Months
• Issue request for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select the best source that will provide cost, quality, and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical components.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with the division's policies, procedures, and government regulations.
• Act as a liaison between suppliers and departments to resolve price, quality delivery, or invoice issues.
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or cancellations.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary
• Work with planners to maintain materials and services are consistent with the production schedule.
• Perform other procurement tasks and projects and needed
• Experience working with defense/aerospace or manufacturing environment
• Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
• Must have good working knowledge of MRP systems.