Duration: Direct Hire
The primary role of the Mechanical Engineer is to collaborate with the refrigeration team and others in meeting the refrigerated products needs of the organization. Specifically, this involves the design, development, prototyping, integration and testing of cabinets, cooling systems, controls, and production methods in a safe, high-quality, and cost-effective manner. The responsibilities of this role are listed, but not limited to, the below:
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work independently and collaboratively with other team members to design, develop and maintain refrigeration systems for the company’s vending products.
• Recommend cooling solutions for new vending product development based on best technology for quality, cost and performance.
• Work with suppliers to identify, design and specify refrigeration system components or systems.
• Develop and define performance requirements, schedules, and deliverables for projects.
• Prepare 3D models, CAD drawings, documentation and specifications for selected designs.
• Create and maintain product configuration through BOMs and structured EC (engineering change) process.
• Optimize existing refrigeration systems to improve quality, cost and performance.
• Conduct tests to assess refrigeration performance; analyze and interpret results.
• Provide technical support to manufacturing, sourcing, supplier quality, tech service and others.
• Participate in continuous improvement, lean projects, and kaizen events.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical Engineering required. Must have an excellent understanding of refrigeration system design to include thermodynamics, heat-transfer, mathematics, system design principals, manufacturing processes and test methods. Work experience in lab environment, knowledge of UL, TUV etc related to Vending Machine, is a plus.
• Experience with 3D CAD software such as Solid Works and Microsoft Office tools
• 5 or more years engineering experience.
• Able to work independently as well as within a team.
• Some travel may be required
• Experience with refrigeration systems with natural refrigerants including HCs.