Job Title Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Location Woodstock ON CAN
Pay Rate DOE
Shift Time General Day Shift
Job Title: Lead Manufacturing Engineer-Mechanical
This position will be responsible to work with Engineering and Supply Chain Functions to lead Process design and documentation, validation and implementation, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Tools & equipment development.
Experience in manufacturing documentation like MAPS (Manufacturing Assembly Process Sheets), Safety instructions etc.
Manufacturing process excellence, expertise in Lean methodology.
Point of contact for key reference related to all Advance Manufacturing Engineering (AME) activities, partner with Functional leaders to drive product manufacturing strategies and process implementation.
Serving as an engineering contact and overseeing returns from customers.
Address tooling issues, first pass yield manufacturing/assembly and test issues.
Sharing fault finding knowledge as it relates to failed products.
Rendering jigs and fixtures, manufacturing tool, and SPMs development
Leading and driving product BOMs, Super BOMs, and linkage documents as per MSGs
Acting as a Single point of contact for Technology to deliver on Field Returns diagnosis including RPS, Troubleshooting and RCCA activities.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 8-12+ yrs. relevant experience
• 5 years of experience in Integrated Supply chain from Engineering Industry
• 1-2 years of experience in Project Management
• Multi-years’ hand on experience in Manufacturing Process Development, PPAP process
• Professional experience in Microsoft Projects and Excel
• Should have strong hands on Microsoft Work flow management
• Global Communication, Presentation, Interpersonal, Strong Analytical and Execution Skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Used to with rapid problem-solving methodologies.
• Should able to translate the best ideas into realistic, pragmatic, executable plans.
Justification - As a part of the approved, confidential, Woodstock products licensing agreement, HW must provide essential manufacturing engineering documentation to licensee within a stipulated timeframe. The Woodstock site has no AME, Engineering, HOS, or other technical support on site. So, the only way to collect data and create the documentation is thru stationing technical resources in Woodstock (attempts to get other HW resources from surrounding areas have been unsuccessful). The scope of work has been assessed at 2.5 FTEs. AME is doing what they can with existing resources but we must onboard and dedicate one contract worker Eng ASAP to complete the work within 6 months to meet the required timeline of the project and licensing agreement.