Production Supervisor – Machining – NY #5754
Location Syracuse, NY
Responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of production personnel to meet production timetables and quality goals. Ensures that direct reports follow company policies and motivates team, conducts performance appraisals, participates in interviewing, makes increase, demotion, job transfer recommendations etc. Also, ensures that team is working productively to meet shipping timetables for customer satisfaction. This Production Supervisor Job Description describes the supervisory tasks and responsibilities for a production supervisor that may be located in one of many company departments.
• Plans and directs production to obtain maximum utilization of assigned personnel, equipment and materials and to ensure on time shipment of parts meeting customer’s specifications
• Coordinates the requisitioning and expediting of all raw materials, and perishable tools
• Assists in developing or revising standard operational and working practices and observes employees to ensure compliance with standards
• Inspects equipment to ensure specific operational performance and coordinates repairs and preventive maintenance with Maintenance personnel to ensure minimum downtime.
• Informs General Manager of employee problems that require his/her attention and the disposition of resolved minor problems
• Provides hands on departmental instruction and training and determines external training required by assigned personnel and submits needs to General Manager
• Administers company’s performance appraisal policy and recommends merit increases, promotions, transfers and other personnel actions for assigned personnel to General Manager
• Observes and encourages good timekeeping practices and sets the example
• Ensures that all safety policies and practices, use of personal protective equipment and good housekeeping are adhered to.
• Makes recommendations for improvement of processes and productivity
• Conducts corrective actions, implements performance appraisals, assists in interviewing for departmental vacant positions, makes wage increase recommendations, recommendations for promotions and demotions etc.
• Originates general leave of absence requests and forwards to one up manager.
• Reviews departmental attendance and approved weekly time cards.
• First line approval on vacation requests which are then forwarded to the General Manager.
• Attends the daily production meeting and provides departmental status reports, staffing data, and production status to the General Manager and Production Management Production Meeting Team.
• Reviews the production schedule for the department and plans machinery set ups and change overs to ensure production goals are met.
• Spot inspects and verifies that departmental employees are productive and following company policies including but not limited to PPE requirements and work rules.
• Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
• Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; ensuring quality job specific training, training staff as necessary, accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques and makes recommendations for departmental enhancements.
• Follows-up and ensures that all safety preventative programs are implemented on the proper schedules and all associated paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Completes all required reports and paperwork on time.
• Acts as a role model of desired behaviors and exemplifies a positive can do spirit to enhance the reputation of the company and to create a positive workplace culture.
• Proactively supports the ISO process approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system.
• Adheres to all safety policies and practices, consistently uses personal protective equipment, and practices good housekeeping.
• Maintains regular on time attendance and adheres to company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
• Performs other tasks as directed.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High school graduate or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 5+ years of production supervisory experience in a manufacturing company involving CNC machining.
3. Expertise in CNC machining preferred.
4. Familiarity with an ERP system such as Syteline or SAP etc.
5. Local or close enough for a short move.