Journeyman Toolmaker II
Our client, an established, reputable company is looking for a Journeyman Toolmaker II to join their team in Rochester, NY as a full-time employee. This is a 1st shift position, Monday thru Friday, with some flexibility on start time. Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package!
* Read blueprints, sketches, specifications.
* Compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of workpieces.
* Set up, operate, and disassemble conventional and manual machines.
* File, grind, and adjust parts so that they fit together properly.
* Test completed tools to ensure that they meet specifications.
* Construct precision tools that are used to cut, shape, and form metal and other materials.
* Produce jigs and fixtures—devices that hold metal while it is bored, stamped, or drilled and gauges and other measuring devices.
* Alter existing parts to print specifications.
* 2-5 years’ experience in Journeyman or completion of apprenticeship program.
* Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent Certification.