CNC Machine Operator II
Our client, an established, reputable company is looking for a CNC Machine Operator II to join their team in Rochester, NY as a full-time employee. This is a 1st shift position, Monday thru Friday, with some flexibility on start time. The CNC Machine Operator II operates and programs a computer numerically controlled machine in a low to medium production volume environment. Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package!
* Machining of 3 and 4 axis on a variety of work centers.
* Machine (drill, mill and tap) a wide assortment of sometimes intricate and expensive castings, forgings, weldments and machined parts.
* Inspect and be accountable for own parts.
* Setup machine center to perform required operation that requires blocking, and alignment of irregular shapes.
* Set 3 axis position stops, fixture offsets, select proper feeds, speeds and tools.
* Perform operator intervened operations that are required by program sequences.
* Must have 5-10 years working on vertical and/or horizontal machine tools.
* Journeyman or completion of apprenticeship program is a plus.
* Familiarity with FANUC controls is a must.
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work and inspect parts to close tolerances (.0002”).
* Ability to read and interpret drawings, sometimes of a complex nature with interrelated dimensions.