We are seeking a Bilingual (Korean-English) speaking professional to work at Osan Military Air Base, South Korea.
• Control of Documents. Responsible to develop the Submittals and shop drawing log required from each contractor and the Submittal requirements to the Government as required by contract. Use software to track the submittals. Control the in and out transmittals to Contractors, submittals to the Government, RFI’s, material submittals, shop drawings, correspondence documents, letters and “Issued for Construction” drawings for the project.
• Meeting attendance. Initially meet with designers, the government, vendors and contractors to assure a thorough understanding of the submittal requirements is understood including the use of email, numbers of copies, and sizes of hard copy documents/drawings, title block requirements, and as-built record requirements.
• Coordination with others. The Document Control Engineer along with the Area Managers will assure the Contractors are performing all as-built drawing updates as the work in the field is performed.
• Field Audits. The Scheduling/Planning Engineer will perform field audits of contractor’s drawings being utilized in the field to assure they are utilizing the most current drawing revisions.
• Field Testing Documentation. Secure all contractor documentation of field testing of piping, electrical and concrete etc.
• Reporting. Provide reporting of all “time related” submittals to assure turn-around times of Contractors, Designers, Vendors and the Government are being achieved.
Education & Experience:
• Generally has a minimum of 5-10 years in construction industry experience. The Document Control Engineer reports directly to the Project Manager or Project Engineer.