Foundry Engineer – NY #5755
Location Syracuse, NY
Responsible for the development and modification of manufacturing methods and processes. Provides engineering and quality oversight to foundry operations.
• Apply knowledge of product design, tooling, fabrication, and materials to develop, optimize, document, and maintain foundry processes, work instructions, and methods
• Processing of MAGMA simulation results and running simulations but may include tooling/engineering process role responsibilities for developing tooling from order to delivery working with both internal and external pattern shops.
• Improve productivity and part quality through process stability and repeatability.
• Document and engineer riser and gating, chilling geometry and processes for individual part numbers that fit within the capacity of the foundry processing equipment. and improvements.
• Select metal grades and development and implementation of heat treatment requirements and processes.
• Responsible for first piece sampling from new, modified, reordered, or repaired tooling through to production release.
• Analyze product failure data, solicit operator input, and develop solutions.
• Ensures delivery of successful processes to the production line in order to achieve high first pass yields on required validations.
• Ensure chemical and mechanical testing and NDT procedures are adhered to properly recorded.
• Participate in all job launches and metals MRB meetings.
• Identify additional resource requirements such as equipment, layout, personnel and training.
• Request chemistry deviations from customers as necessary.
• Develop and approve vendors and provide technical liaison.
• Complete and/or maintain required records and reports.
• Support proactively the ISO approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system.
• Adhere to all safety policies and practices, consistently use personal protective equipment and practice good housekeeping.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct including but not limited to safety.
• Maintain a positive professional approach to all internal and external contacts.
• Performs other tasks as directed.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related.
2. 5+ years of foundry engineering experience in an aluminum foundry or
2. 7+ years of foundry process engineering and experience designing rigging for new castings.
3. Experience with MagmaSoft software in aluminum processes preferred.