Quality Manager – Manufacturing – NY #5752
Location Syracuse, NY
Summary/Objective: Responsible for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS).
• Enacts Continued SyteLine MIS system development, simplification, maintenance and reporting support.
• Continues maintenance and improvement oversight of company’s certified ISO 9000 Quality Management System.
• Coordinates on-site and mail-in Customer Quality System surveys.
• Contracts review for all quality specification requirements and compliance planning.
• Oversees sub-contract vendor Quality System Certifications and maintenance of approved vendor listing.
• Coordinates of plant-wide tool calibration system.
• Holds weekly MRB meeting and resulting cause and corrective action response coordination and support.
• Conducts special projects as assigned by President
• Develops a strong backup team through training and development.
• Responsible for continuous improvement of processes and productivity.
• Supports, communicates and enforces company objectives, policies and procedures with particular emphasis on safety, health, discipline and developing and maintaining high morale.
• Administer company’s performance appraisal policy and recommend merit increases, promotions, transfers and other personnel actions for assigned personnel.
• Assure professional standards in all conduct and communications and maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
• Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
• Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
• Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
• Answers employee questions regarding quality standards as necessary to ensure good quality production facilities wide.
• Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
• Conducts ISO internal trainings for workforce as required.
• Lead a team of Quality engineers, inspectors, auditors, analysts, and technicians or other quality technical staff members.
• Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements.
• Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
• Conduct periodic management review meetings.
• Oversee product returns and work through direct reports for operator retraining on quality specifications.
• Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
• Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality
• Works in conjunction with Procurement, Production, and any other department that has an effect on the quality of the organization’s products.
• Proactively supports the ISO process approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system.
• Adheres to all safety policies and practices, consistently uses personal protective equipment, and practices good housekeeping.
• Maintains regular on time attendance and adheres to company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
• Performs other tasks as directed.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in applied science or engineering.
2. 5+ years of Quality Assurance or Quality Control experience in manufacturing including recent management.
3. Experience in the management of an ISO program.
4. Experience in an organization involved in machining, foundry, or plastic injection molding preferred.