Credit Risk Matrix Manager of Counterparty Credit Risk - 1
Jersey City, NJ 07310
As members of the Risk Management department we identify, manage, measure, and mitigate a spectrum of key risk types. Although team members are located in five different countries, we have one universal goal –to protect the safety and soundness of our systems. Always having the client experience top of mind.
What We Offer
DTCC’s Credit and Systemic Risk Management department is an innovative team that assesses the credit worthiness of a portfolio consisting of banks, broker-dealers, and other financial institutions in support of the Counterparty Credit Risk team. We are thought partners and advisors to the business, go-getters, and change agents who have a passion for securing DTCC’s products, activities, processes and systems.
Our Ideal Candidate
So, what does it take to be a DTCC Credit Risk Matrix Manager?
The Credit Risk Matrix Manager of Counterparty Credit Risk is responsible for oversight, maintenance, and enhancement of the Credit Risk Rating Matrix (CRRM).
Oversee the full recalibration of the credit rating risk matrix regularly
Maintain a tracking log of suggested improvements to the CRRM model, based on feedback from counterparty credit risk team, model validation and control, and quantitative risk management, as well as research on industry best practices
Conduct research to benchmark CRRM vs. other rating tools, including external rating agencies, firms that aggregate credit ratings, and other relevant sources. Act as a point person on negotiations with any potential vendors that could assist with benchmarking.
Conduct training and oversee ongoing enhancement to guidance for qualitative factor assessments, including adding quantitative factors for guidance, with the goal of improving consistency of assessments across firms and analysts, and over time
Compile Portfolio Reviews of DTCC member firms, which provide a high-level overview of the population of members.
Qualifications Candidates should possess:
Minimum of 7 years of related experience
Bachelor's degree with master's or equivalent experience preferred
Understanding of the regulatory financial reporting required for broker/dealers and bank such as FOCUS and Call Reports
Strong understanding of regulatory rules and regulations
Excellent understanding of global market risks and their impact on members’ financial condition1. Please outline the candidate's experience with oversight, maintenance, and enhancement of the Credit Risk Rating Matrix (CRRM):
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Minimum of 7 years of related experience
2. Bachelor's degree with master's or equivalent experience preferred
3. Does the candidate have experience analyzing the credit of banks and/or broker dealers?
4. Does the candidate have experience evaluating and assigning credit ratings to counterparties?
5. Has the candidate done written analysis of financial institutions or counterparties?
6. Provide an example of a situation where the candidate needed to critique a subordinate's work. How did they manage the situation and what was the end result?
7. As it relates to counterparty, please give me an example of ways you have evaluated credit worthiness?
8. What was the candidate's most notable project and why were they so excited? Please describe the process with which they worked through the project from start to finish:
9. Does the candidate have any of the following? If so, please list below: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Analyst, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
10. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
11. Salary Expectation?
12. Complete Current Address?