• To provide accurate and efficient environmental management and assessment services for the Business Unit in accordance with project scope of works, timeframe and budgets, and without detailed supervision.
• Manage environmental and other projects in accordance with project scope of works, timeframe, financial and quality specifications.
• Demonstrate and maintain a solid understanding of environmental legislation and its application and maintain up to date knowledge of current industry standards, practices, environmental legislation and approvals processes.
• Undertake field assessments as required by projects.
• Undertake independent studies, analyses and interpretations to form conclusions in line with project requirements.
• Contribute to the co-ordination and execution of projects and works proposals in an efficient and timely manner.
• Assist with the preparation and processing of tender documentation; Provide specific technical input into studies and major projects as appropriate; Develop written reports within time and budget restraints
• Liaise with clients relating to job program and preparation of appropriate project reports.
• Liaise with and between Business Units and interstate offices to achieve joint project objectives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Engineering or similar.
• Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience
• Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and standards.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the process of project management, including planning and monitoring.
• High standard of written reporting and well-developed research skills.
• Ability and personal style to work consultatively and collaboratively with the team, other disciplines, government and client representatives.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in written form with clients, staff and managers.
• Flexibility to undertake works for several multi-faceted projects and ad hoc assignments contemporaneously.