Our client is seeking an experienced Plant Manager with a background in machining and fabrication operations to join their growing industrial manufacturing operation in Erie County, PA.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Plant Manager is responsible for facility operations activities to support overall business objectives. The Plant Manager will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that the objectives are achieved in a cost-effective manner that supports the quality and shipment expectations.
• Oversees the production process, drawing up a production schedule ensuring efficiency and cost-effective planning.
• Establish manufacturing priorities and allocate the resources, ensuring planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
• Develop and execute the yearly manufacturing plan (AOP) to deliver the business objectives (production volume, manufacturing controlled cost, quality, safety).
• Establish and maintain a standard of performance for the operation.
• Insure the alignment of the manufacturing organization with the company vision, purpose and priorities.
• Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned labor hours.
• Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety policies, systems and processes.
• Coordinate set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
• Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals. Ensure continual improvement with overall quality of product.
• Ensure prescribed line maintenance work is completed timely.
• Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QMS, GMP’s and 5S processes.
• Manage the manufacturing operation consistent with the company operating guidelines.
• Assess manufacturing operations staffing and skill requirements. Develop plans to address needs.
• Ensure effective management of performance in the department to meet business needs.
• Establish individual accountability using coaching and support as part of the performance management process. Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports, ensuring appraisals are completed for all employees.
• Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing or other strongly related discipline. Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business-related field is preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility.
• Experience managing a machining or fabrication operation.
• Demonstrated success as a people leader, including the ability to set and gain buy-in for strategic direction and vision; attract, hire, retain, and develop key/critical operations leaders; and establish an engaging culture of accountability, quality, and customer focus.
• Previous experience implementing and using continuous improvement and lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills in support of metrics, data and process-oriented objectives; ability to concisely report on critical management measures to key internal and external stakeholders.
• Rate for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience level and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions