Mechanical Designer / Engineer
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Design professional to join their growing steel fabrication facility in the Buffalo, NY area!
SUMMARY: Will support the manufacturing process, including quality efforts, and assist with continuous improvement projects.
• Reporting to the Reliability Manager, the Designer / Drafter will read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
• Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
• Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
• Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
• Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
• Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, and design of evaluation programs.
• Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
• Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
• Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
• Apply engineering principles and practices to emerging fields, such as robotics, waste management, and biomedical engineering.
• Design test control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
• Monitors the various processes used in pipe manufacture including tooling
• Evaluates, design and execute approved changes to manufacturing processes for continuous improvement opportunities
• Gathers data and reports on new product trials
• Prepares and assists with the implementation of manufacturing documents such as work instructions, forms and visual aids.
• Responsible for accurate management and safeguarding of documentation for the day to day operations and or quality assurance. This includes but not limited to: operating procedures, manuals, engineering/technical reports, correspondence and manufacturing project files.
• Prepare, scan, and update document control procedures and reports in line with the company’s document control management system
• Responsible for maintaining all tooling re-grind records to include updating recipes and insuring the proper size shim and or spacers are being used for each pipe size.
BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION:
• A minimum of 2-5 years related work experience in Mechanical Drafting and Design within the manufacturing sector – ideally sheet metal fabrication and design.
• Bachelor or Associates Degree in Engineering Science or Engineering Technology preferred
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Microsoft Office
• Ability to read and understand written work instructions
EMPLOYEE CHARACTERISTICS DESIRED:
• Professional, co-operative attitude
• Excellent communications skills, including both verbal and written
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion with sensitive, confidential information
• Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
• Adept at establishing priorities and meeting critical deadlines
• Detail oriented, efficient and accurate
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, be resourceful, and embrace new challenges
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to us hands. The employee occasionally will be required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs.
• Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions