VP of Operations / Cashier – Branch Banking - MO #5733
Location Hillsboro Missouri
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for the direct management of the operations of the bank as well as management of the back-room processes, including all general ledger activity, for the bank . In addition, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective systems of management and control within the area of responsibilities. Vice President, Operations/Cashier serves as a member of strategic management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee and provide guidance and leadership within the operations department.
2. Maintain and update risk assessments for the bank as needed.
3. Prepare training material and schedule compliance training for Board of Directors and employees.
4. Coordinate committee meetings for the home bank ( Staff, BSA, Compliance, Officer’s, BCP and Security).
5. Oversee the preparation of the meeting minutes, agenda, and miscellaneous reports for the monthly bank board meetings.
6. Prepare the quarterly FDIC call report for the bank.
7. Actively participate on several organization-wide committees, including: TSC, BSA, Security, BCP, and ALCO.
8. Manage and administer Business Continuity Plan for the bank.
9. Monitor and reconcile GL Accounts Payables and Prepaid accounts for the bank.
10. Manage exam and audit process by preparing information needed by examiners/auditors. Track all audit and examinations findings. Communicate such findings to the bank’s Board of Directors and send responses to regulatory agencies and auditors.
11. Assist with maintaining and updating BCR changes on the core application system.
12. Provide leadership and guidance to department .
13. Provide files and input sheets for ALCO reporting.
14. Assist with annual budget preparation and management.
15. Assist with quarterly Reserve Analysis.
16. Review various reports, including: Overdraft, Significant Balance Change, Online Transaction Entries, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, ID Theft Alert Report, and BCR Maintenance Log.
17. Resolve customer service issues in a timely and accurate manner.
18. Satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and comply with all regulations, policies, and laws which apply and are within the scope of the position.
19. Work on special projects and all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires High School Diploma and 10 years’ experience in the area of bank deposit operations. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory role. This position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience with a database and calculators. Requires excellent spelling, grammar, and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate in a courteous, professional, tactful, and concise manner.
This position has the authority to direct managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action, and performance reviews. Handles broad-based complex information across departments. Presents to diverse audiences. Coaches and mentors supervisors and staff. Can negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
Decisions have significant, broad implications for the management and operations of multiple departments. Job contributes to decisions and the overall strategy and direction of the Bank.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
The problems in this job are different and unexpected. Sets direction and vision for multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies, and allocates resources.
Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring, and managing budget.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Normal office environment; occasional overtime; work schedule will vary and may include Saturdays.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 10+ years of experience in the area of bank deposit operations.
3. 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role.