Director of Hardwood Lumber Operations – WI #5735
Location Northern Wisconsin (Will base from home. Rhinelander Wisconsin is central to the area covered.)
Director of Hardwood Lumber Operations
Leading manufacturer of quality Northern hardwood veneer, lumber, and specialty plywood, is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill a Director of Lumber Operations position. The applicant may reside in either the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or in Northern Wisconsin.
Key Areas of Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee the hardwood sawmill operations.
• Manage the saw filers and lumber inspectors.
• Ensure quality control of the hardwood lumber.
• Implement and manage safety policies.
• Manage the activities of the sawmill operations to meet the financial goals of the company.
• Interact with the log procurement group.
• Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity & costs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of management experience in the hardwood lumber industry.
• 4-year degree in forestry or a related field is a plus, but not required.
• Knowledge of NHLA lumber grading rules.
• Strong business acumen.
• Must demonstrate self-confidence & motivation, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 5+ years of management experience in the hardwood lumber industry.
2. Bachelor’s degree in forestry or a related field is a plus, but not required.
3. Knowledge of NHLA lumber grading rules.