Mechanical Project Engineer – Paper Machine And / OR Converting
Salary $80,000 - $110,000 + Excellent Benefits & Relocation Package to the Southern USA
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Project Engineer who will play a pivotal leadership role in planning, design, cost estimating, budgeting, scheduling and supervision of projects in this large mill. This is your opportunity to work with a stellar group of engineers who excel in their industry!
Mechanical Project Engineer responsibilities include:
• Provide project management including the development, planning and execution of capital and expense projects
• Become an expert on paper machine/converting equipment, plant utility and support equipment including waste handling, compressed air, and lubrication
• Review and ensure equipment/processes meet safety codes, policies and guidelines
• Support equipment installation & modification and other start-up activities, providing mechanical engineering leadership to resolve problems, troubleshoot, and optimize the processes
• Support the definition, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of a documentation system for mechanical drawings and other manufacturing systems
• Develop and conduct training programs with operation, maintenance, and engineering personnel to increase process knowledge, troubleshooting capability, and understanding of mechanical and manufacturing control systems
• Identify and solve bottle-necks within the manufacturing process
• Develop technology approaches that support improved plant efficiency, process improvement, and manufacturing flexibility
• Review equipment and processes to identify required spare parts and coordinate ordering with maintenance/stores to minimize downtime
• Perform failure analysis of mechanical equipment and machines to implement reliability improvement actions items
• Effectively track and manage project costs within established budgets
• Develop and effectively communicate project status reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience providing mechanical engineering project management in technical and industrial paper manufacturing assignments is preferred, with a strong preference for tissue manufacturing experience
• Experience in troubleshooting mechanical drive systems, general machine design, engineering calculations, converting packaging equipment and manufacturing support equipment
• Skilled with computer software including AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, SAP, MS PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently and to execute programs in a cross functional environment
• Ability to build relationships with vendors and suppliers on a national basis as well as in local areas
• Working knowledge of preventative maintenance and reliability improvement programs
• Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
• Ability to effectively lead work teams as well as work as a team member
• Core Competencies should include: safety work habits, quality orientation, creative & innovative thinking, problem solving, research & analysis, operating equipment, ethics & integrity, coaching & mentoring, team work, time management, development & continual learning, accountability & dependability, decision making & judgement, providing consultation, planning & organizing, and communication.
TO APPLY: Email your resume to email@example.com OR cindyATaustinallenDOTcom in MS Word or PDF (please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols). **Resumes sent with a link to an online resume or a video resume will not be considered. ** All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by companies. Excellent compensation packages, benefits, perks, and generous relocation packages.
Some Facts You Should Know About Austin-Allen Company...
*Successfully recruiting professionals since 1973.
*One of the most successful firms in the U.S. We consistently rank in the top percentile of a large national network of Technical Recruiters.
*Many of our staff are national award winning consultants with years’ experience and are C.P.C.’s (Certified Personnel Consultants).
Areas of Specialization...
* Engineering * Six Sigma Black Belts * Accounting * Distribution * Human Resources
* Materials / Purchasing * Quality Engineers & Managers * Manufacturing Management