Full-time Director of Clinical Program Leadership (Portfolio Lead) needed at a top biotech company in Boston!
Currently looking to hire candidates at both Associate Director and Director levels. This person will oversee programs over multiple therapeutic areas. Seeking candidates with experience as a Senior Director or VP at a startup company or a leader in large pharma. Must have Program Leadership & Research experience. The position sits in Clinical Operations, R&D Compliance, Audits, Regulatory, Outside Vendors CROs.
As a senior member of the CPL and GCO organization, the Team Leader takes broad responsibility for a portfolio of clinical programs within or across therapeutic area(s). In this capacity they oversee and provide key strategic and operational guidance in the planning and delivery of assigned programs and of the operational innovation that is necessary to optimally execute programs in their assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Manages a portfolio of clinical programs within or across therapeutic areas to ensure strategic and operational planning and delivery of the CDP (and associated goals) to the organization
- Provides guidance and oversight to individuals in the CPL organization on CDP strategy and operational execution
- Actively maintains relationships with appropriate key internal senior stakeholders (eg therapeutic or program level clinical leadership in Late Stage Development, Early Stage Development). Facilitates the flow of critical information to these individuals on behalf of GCO
- Participates as a member of GCO Management at governance and decision making forums (e.g.,, EDGC, CTRB, CTVC, various GCO governance forum)
- Evaluates ongoing operational, strategic and resource needs of programs in assigned therapeutic area(s), providing input both internal and external to GCO
- Identifies and spearheads operational expertise and innovation within or across assigned therapeutic areas
- Reviews and provides management input into key deliverables from the CPL organization (eg, materials and documents for key governance forums)
- May provide strategic input in the evaluation and planning for external business opportunities (eg diligence reviews)
- Provides people leadership and mentorship to individuals in the CPL organization
- Manages a group of Directors/Associate Directors in the Clinical Program Leadership (CPL)function to achieve a consistently highly performing team effective in leading Clinical Development Teams and implementing CDP’s
- Collaborates with colleagues in CPL management to set norms and skill sets for the CPL role(s)
- Evaluates direct reports against established core competencies on an ongoing basis, providing coaching and mentorship
- Recruits and retains key talent
* Advanced scientific degree or equivalent experience (MS/PhD preferred). Strong scientific and analytical skills with demonstrated deep understanding of disease areas and learning agility that can be applied to multiple therapeutic areas. Scientifically and clinically astute broadly within a therapeutic area.
* Minimum of 12 years global matrix drug development clinical research and operational strategy experience including responsibility ensuring studies and programs are executed to quality, timelines and budget.
* Demonstration of project/program management skills including risk assessment, timeline and budget management and contingency planning.
* Demonstration of effective team leadership in cross-functional matrix teams. Excellent communication, management and organizational skills, along with problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building skills.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: