Job Title: Building Maintenance Technician FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Property Mgmt-Buildings Location: Little Rock
Job Description Summary: Provide daily maintenance for general operations of the building. Reports directly to building property manager.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs daily building maintenance services.
2. Takes incoming maintenance, lighting and A/C calls, act as appropriate.
3. Monitors/redirects all building related repairs and maintenance and A/C calls.
4. Monitors tenant improvements and construction, as needed.
5. Coordinates with management office on tenant related issues.
6. Ability to safely walk while carrying tools, supplies and ladders as needed for repairs.
7. Special projects, as needed.
8. Changes light bulbs, small plumbing repairs, ceiling tiles, use power tools, etc.
9. Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
10. Ability to work overtime and respond to after-hours calls.
11. Ability to safely climb a minimum 6 to 8 foot ladder while carrying lights, ceiling tiles, tools, etc. while accomplishing overhead tasks.
12. Ability to climb a steep, vertical 12 foot ladder over a stairwell while carrying needed tools.
13. Ability to safely drive a vehicle, as needed, for daily maintenance duties.
14. Carry the requisite amount of car insurance coverage ($300k combined single limit of liability for Bodily Injury or Property Damage to a third party) if using personal vehicle.
15. Maintain a valid driver’s license that is unrestricted other than for vision correction.
16. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions, duties, skills and job standards required. Other job functions, duties, skills and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to interact and communicate effectively & clearly (written & verbal).
2. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
3. Proficient with PC and basic software.
4. Ability to remain calm under pressure and able to multi-task.
5. Regular and punctual attendance.
6. Positive attitude, dependable and self-starter.
7. Good listening skills.
8. Works well under limited supervision but also works well with supervision.
9. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
10. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
11. Excellent time-management skills.
12. Professional appearance at all times.
13. Ability to interact with company principals, employees and clients on a regular basis.
14. Ability to learn new software, if required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
Education: High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Equipment Used in Work Environment:
1. Maintenance related equipment (ladder, tools, leaf blower, snow shovel, miscellaneous electrical tools and hand tools)
2. PC with Microsoft Suite of products
3. Photocopy Machine
4. Fax Machine
Major Job Demands (Physical & Mental):
1. Ability to perform tasks requiring sustained repetitive motion and/or fine motor skills.
2. Ability to reach, bend, squat, lift, push, pull, kneel, ascend/descend, stoop, crouch, crawl, balance
3. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
4. Ability to interact with a wide range of personalities
5. Ability to sit for long periods of time
6. Ability to move freely within the office areas
7. Ability to stand for long periods of time
8. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds