Job Title: Hardware Manager
Location: Plainville, CT or Jupiter, FL
Type: Perm preferred
Seeking Hardware Manager responsible for management of hardware engineers engaged in the development of complete Hardware projects for on-road and off-road transportation for North America and European customers using state of the art technology. Will be working with International hardware development group established in North America, China and India and working closely with external development partners.
- Responsible for strategy definition, alignment, implementation and continuous adjustment
- Proficiency in Automotive electronic product design including Functional Safety ISO 26262 and ASPICE.
- Project planning for headcount, budget, travel and investment
- Development and implementation of the hiring plan required to meet project needs.
- Performance management: periodic evaluation and appraisal of team members
- Coaching new hardware engineers and project leads
- Ensure cross-functional communication / cooperation to improve information flow
- People development: ensures appropriate training and coaching of employees to improve their level of technical know-how and maximize their performance
- Responsible for the quality of the deliveries within his/her group in terms of time, budget and process adherence
- Motivation and support for developing professional competences within his/her group
- Prepare and coordinate responses to quotations for new projects
- Ensure compliance with the Company's quality management system for requirements applicable to his/her department.
- Continuous monitoring of project deliveries
- Support transition of projects to production readiness.
- Prepare and ensure positive assessment results (ASPICE, IATF, ISO 26262, design architecture assessments)
- 8+ years of experience in leading a distributed group of hardware development engineers
- MS or BS in electrical engineering
- Proactive, ambitious and results-oriented attitude
- Customer oriented
- Fluent English
- Very good communication and networking skills
- knowledge of automotive standards for software development
- Advantage: experience in embedded SW in Automotive industry
What the company offers:
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
- Relocation Package for non-CT residents
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours
Reports to: Vice President of Technology
The ideal candidate will be located in Plainville, CT or willing to relocate. Jupiter, FL is the 2nd choice of location.
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject "Job ID # 1954".