Our client, an established, reputable company is looking for a Toolmaker to join their team in Rochester, NY as a full-time employee. For this role Prototrak Mill experience is required. This is a 1st shift position, Monday thru Friday, with some flexibility on start time. As a Toolmaker, you will analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools and run a Prototrak Mill. You will be responsible for the design and fabrication of limited run parts as needed. In return, our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package!
* Review specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
* Compute dimensions, plan layout, and determine sequence of operations.
* Measure, mark, and scribe metal stock for machining.
* Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
* Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances. Able to program and run Prototrak Mill.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 3 years of Toolmaker experience.
* Track record of job stability and tenure.
* Incumbents are required to have their own personal tools commonly used in trade.
* Flexibility to work quite a bit of overtime as needed (OT is paid at 1.5 times & typically between Mon-Fri).
* Ability to successfully pass a background check.
* Completion of an apprenticeship program (with Journeyman’s Card) with 5-7 years of experience and/or training OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A High School Diploma is acceptable.