The DuPont Electronics and Imaging business (E&I) is a world leader in the electronic materials and advanced printing markets. The E&I, Engineering Science, Applied Engineering Group supports the development of applications for new and existing E&I materials.
We are seeking an Electrical Technologist with an Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology background with experience in experimental material property characterization.
Work responsibilities include conducting experiments and analyses to characterize the electrical properties of DuPont materials (resistivity, dielectric constant, dissipation factor, high voltage breakdown, etc). Most of this work is completed in our laboratories with the use of commercial and specially developed test equipment and may involve custom, non-standard testing.
The candidate will:
• Perform standard and custom testing to characterize material properties and their performance in customer device applications. These tests will include radio frequency (RF), microwave and high voltage measurements.
• Work with investigators to develop custom, application specific test techniques.
• Execute basic electrical design and fabrication tasks and oversee the fabrication of custom fixtures and devices.
• Work closely with mechanical designers and machinists to make sure custom test fixtures meet requirements.
• Perform test work in multiple DuPont laboratories and external customer locations when needed.
• Train internal customers in the use of specialized electrical testing procedures.
• Communicate results directly to the technical team and clients (both internal and external).
• Work as a team member with a group of engineers, scientists and technologists of different engineering fields.
• Be accountable for maintaining the laboratory in a safe and organized condition consistent with DuPont standards and be responsible for the maintenance and safekeeping of all laboratory equipment.
• Some domestic and/or international travel may be required (less than 5%).
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Associates or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
• Knowledge of, and experience with, electrical property measurement instrumentation and techniques, including RF (Radio Frequency) and microwave measurements using network analyzers and high voltage measurements.
• The ability to use various pieces of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, and frequency counters.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, digital data acquisition.
• The ability to design and fabricate basic circuitry.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a challenging, diverse team environment in a respectful manner.
Desirable Experience / Attributes:
• Self-motivated problem solver with an engineering and application focus.
• Skill with Windows-based computer hardware and software.
• Skill in solving complex technical problems.
• The ability to work on multiple programs (2-3) simultaneously.
• The ability to effectively communicate results.
• Excellent written and oral communications, including PowerPoint expertise.
• Interpersonal, leadership, and networking skills