The Global Procurement Associate position is instrumental in supporting the procurement needs for sites within North America and Puerto Rico. This position has numerous varied and complex tasks which must be handled efficiently and effectively to ensure that the internal business, supplier, and buyer needs are met. This position is also the primary interface regarding all matters related to inquiries, purchase orders, invoicing, procurement documents and any other client service related items in the handling of procurement transactional work. This must be accomplished in a way that shows the highest regard for DuPont core values.
• As buyer of record, develop procurement strategies in conjunction with the businesses and/or commodity team.
• Responsible for preparing, negotiating, managing and coordinating agreements supporting the procurement of various materials and services.
• Buyer of record with execution authority
• Points of negotiation may include, but not limited to: terms and conditions, compensation, and terms of payment
• Creation of white paper agreements.
• Performs research and analysis to understand labor/market rates for services/goods to enable better negotiations and ensures competitive pricing by suppliers versus industry trends and market place dynamics.
• May evaluate and select suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost and capability.
• Works independently to set up auctions for buyers. Will serve as a resource or subject matter expert to the buyer for knowledge and skill around setting up auctions.
• Adopt a systematic approach to monitor expiring agreements. Make the decision and/or work with the buyer to extend or terminate agreements.
• Serve as a resource to new buyers regarding best practices and Global Procurement policies and procedures.
• Buyer transactional support including but not limited to white paper creation, PO processing, obtaining execution authority through the current system, acquiring signatures on agreements, and resolving invoice discrepancies.
• Collaborate with supply chain and/or contract administrators to ensure agreements are implemented at the site level.
• Serve as key contact to handle day-to-day needs of the sites and suppliers, as well as use discretionary judgment to resolve issues that may arise in the absence of the buyer.
• Independently assess workload to set priorities in order to ensure continuous receipt of goods and services, and provide outstanding client, supplier and buyer support.
• Lead & make decisions based upon supply/demand need for the respective commodity.
• Respond to critical delivery issues and use discretionary judgment to resolve issues in a prompt manner.
• Seek out alternate supply options in cases where material is allocated or unavailable.
• Resolve quality, service, supply, and invoicing issues with suppliers. Interface with both internal client’s and suppliers to resolve issues without leadership direction.
• Initiate, develop, facilitate and/or implement process improvements specific to service centers commodities, and/or sites.
• Create standard operating procedures and training documents to facilitate training both within WSC and within other global service centers.
• Participate on global teams to drive standardization across global service centers.
• Candidates must have strong customer service skills, be client focused and possess very strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the varying tasks and demands in this role.
o Strong communication skills
o Embraces and adapts to change, flexible and has a positive attitude.
o Candidates must possess strong computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) capability and procurement systems (SAP, eSourcing) experience.
• Candidates must possess the ability to listen as well as communicate information in a clear, courteous, concise and logical manner.
• Good decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills are needed as is the initiative and ability to follow through with attention to detail.
• Candidates must be solution focused, able to recognize the problem and work to develop a solution.
• Skilled at standardizing and simplifying processes to enable consistency in work practices across the center.
• Strong organizational skills to manage the heavy workload in this position and works well under pressure.
• Candidates must be able to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and possess strong time management skills.
• Being a strong team player who helps to create a positive environment and jumps in to help team members without being asked. This is essential to the overall success of the service center.
• As a key connect between clients, suppliers and buyers, candidates must exhibit a high degree of professionalism and tact.
Key Core Competencies:
• Build sustainable customer relationships
• Communicating with Impact
• Embracing Change
• Analysis and Judgment
• Managing for Productivity
• Business Acumen