Diesel Mechanic - FL #5727
Location Lake Wales Florida
We are looking for experienced Diesel Mechanics. You must have experience in the repair of Heavy Equipment, Diesel Trucks, and Construction Equipment involving Diesel Mechanic, DOT inspections, power train and air brakes, AC repair, etc. A valid driver license, good driving record and the ability to obtain a Class E driver license is required. Must be detailed oriented, work well with other team members and have good communication skills. The Diesel Mechanic performs repairs on Diesel Trucks, Heavy Equipment, and Construction Equipment as outlined by the Fleet Manager.
• Performs routine and in-depth maintenance on company fleet and construction equipment in an effort to minimize breakdowns and extend equipment life.
• Perform all maintenance services according to appropriated codes, safety regulations, company policies, DOT requirements, etc. Duties include working with electrical, piping, welding, machine repair, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, fabricate and install new equipment.
• The work environment includes working in confined spaces, heights, lifting heavy loads, climbing ladders, and being on your feet for extended periods of time.
• Heavy equipment usage includes forklifts, cranes, loaders, man lifts, skid loaders and backhoes.
• The ability to obtain a Class E license is mandatory.
• Ensuring safety in all that we do.
• Maintain a good attendance and punctuality record.
• Be available to work overtime on a short notice as needed. Overtime and weekends are required at times. Job also includes working around hazardous materials (hot oil, caustics, etc.).
• DOT inspections - power train and air brakes,
• AC repair, troubleshooting equipment, etc. involving electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic.
• The ability to read and write fluently and perform moderately difficult mathematical calculations is mandatory.
• A good driving record and Class E driver's license is required.
• Maintain individual maintenance labor log sheets and time cards.
• Maintain the buildings, equipment, etc. in a well-kept condition.
• Assure all maintenance tools and equipment is well cared for.
• Maintain spare parts inventories as necessary for adequate maintenance response times.
• Maintain work areas in a clean and safe manner.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Experience in the repair of Heavy Equipment, Diesel Trucks, and Construction Equipment.