Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Automated Equipment - MI #5728
Location Grand Rapids MI
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work together with team members, including Project Managers, Controls Engineers, Machine Builders, Machining / Fabrication specialists and other Mechanical Design Engineers to conceptualize, build, integrate, test and validate automation systems. Must have engineering knowledge and be able to interpret engineering drawings, machine and part data. Requires knowledge of controls systems, manufacturing processes and procedures, with direct experience in automation systems and/or robotic equipment.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Significant knowledge of automated assembly processes with a preference for welding experience
• Expert in SolidWorks or related similar design software
• Designs with NAAMS standard components
• Robotic cell design
• Create standards for mechanical efficiency
• Lead mechanical design lineup and reviews with internal colleagues and third parties
• Reviewing data levels and changes that customers present
• Professional management of customer relationship and requests
• Real-time communication with company management on developments
• Ability to train and teach less experienced Mechanical Design Engineers and Co-Ops / Interns
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelors in Mechanical Design/Engineering or related
• >5 years’ experience designing automated machinery required
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related.
2. 5+ years of experience designing automated machinery.