Our client, an expanding custom capital equipment and systems manufacturer on the East coast, is searching for Sales Manager to join their growing team.
REPORTING TO: VP Sales & Marketing
SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE: The Sales Manager will be responsible for business growth and sales leadership in positioning technical Company solutions at customers within the assigned product, geographic, and/or market segment. The successful Sales Manager establishes and manages the appropriate channel of sale and relationships with the customers and end-users in the assigned segment.
He/she can anticipate:
• Maintaining established business within the segment and for identifying new market segment opportunities.
• Conducting initial screening and evaluation of the potential business case and pursuing course of action to secure the opportunity.
• Servicing all customers within the assigned segment and focusing on building and maintaining customer relationships through direct sales activity.
• Maintaining highest level of knowledge possible of highly technical and complex Company products, applications, services and policies
• Sales growth consistent with the Company’s annual operational and strategic plans.
• Become the knowledge source for key market influencers involved in the design, development, and production / commercial-scale processing of materials related to the assigned business segment.
• Implement sales strategy to pursue and win business.
• Continually refine & update technical knowledge base in order to understand customer’s technical requirements and applicability to the company’s business.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of core competencies and applicable technologies in order to “sell capabilities”.
• Develop and maintain a business/order bookings forecast for the assigned segment.
• Acquire an aptitude for identifying decision makers & transcending gate keepers.
• Assist with & oversee tender management in order to design a compelling solution that meets the customer’s needs while minimizing the overall risk.
• Maintain customer data and interactions in CRM system in order to facilitate data driven business intelligence.
• Work closely with Applications, Technology, Engineering, and Manufacturing to guide the organization to achieve target sales objectives.
• Perform hands-on global sales activities from the generation of leads to development of sales proposals and contracts through to the closing of the sale.
• Effectively utilize commission-based agents to generate leads and effectively close business deals.
• Develop & deliver technical sales presentations that align Company capabilities with customer needs.
• Assess market competition and communicate relevant information as needed.
• Determine the optimum mode of operation, in terms of territory, new business, and product lines.
• Bachelor’s Degree with preferred disciplines in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
• 5-10 years’ experience minimum in Sales / Applications Engineering or technical business development roles or equivalent.
• Industry knowledge and/or experience in Thermal, High Temperature, Materials Processing or Sintering, powdered metals, etc. Candidates with experience in metal powders are highly desired.
• Prior experience in a technical role within the custom equipment, systems, complex design and build, processing or sintering industries.
• Experience with CRM Systems (Microsoft Dynamics) is a plus.
• Candidate must be outgoing & possess a strong propensity for value selling and capabilities selling
• Prior experience with international travel and/or study abroad experience ideal
• 45-65% travel (MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND CHECK IN ORDER TO GET VALID PASSPORT)
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Salary for this direct hire position will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and will include additional perks/comp. benefits package, 401K, paid holidays and vacation, much room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions