EH&S Specialist - RT
South Gate, California, United States, 90280
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist which will be responsible for leading the health, safety and environmental function at the South Gate, CA plant. The focus is to ensure effective management of EHS systems while maintaining a safe workplace and compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental regulations.
Ensure facilities are operating in compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations and requirements as codified in state and federal CAL OSHA regulations or otherwise referenced (typically through a site audit, gap analysis, and closure process)
Develop relationships with production team members to drive safety culture and ergonomic improvements
Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposures, prioritize risk reduction needs, and drive closure of recommendations to reduce the identified risks
Champion the initiative to drive facilities toward OSHA VPP Star Site certification to include direct leadership of the training and emergency preparedness processes
Facilitate / oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions
Act as a regulatory compliance resource
Represent the company with state and federal agencies as required
Assist with case management
Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all our policies and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
Ensure that all industrial process wastewaters are properly managed and discharged from the plant in a manner that protects ground waters and surface tributaries from contamination and is in compliance with the plants operating discharge permit
Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and lead a plant-wide effort to eliminate these by correcting the eliminating the root causes and/or reducing wastes, reusing, and recycling various materials
Assist our Corporate Environmental to evaluate and determine appropriate permitting and abatement strategies for projects that may have an impact on existing air quality permits with an emphasis on NESHAP, NSPS, NSR/PSD, and USEPA/CARB/GCAPCD regulatory requirements
Represent the company with local, state, and federal agencies as required and interface with the general public on environmental issues and promote the company's environmental initiatives at public hearings, meeting
Develop action plans for EHS activities, perform follow-up on these activities, and report status to division EHS leaders
Qualify all personnel involved in water sampling and testing, maintaining environmental abatement equipment, emergency procedures, and handling of hazardous materials and wastes
Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 50 pounds
Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
2. Do you have a minimum of 3 years' experience in health, safety and environmental?
3. Do you have solid leadership skills to influence personnel, implement EHS initiatives, and perform follow-up on specific activities?
4. Do you have Significant knowledge of safety and environmental regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, etc.) and the ability to work with respective outside agencies?
5. Do you have Health, Safety and Environmental Experience?Do you have Root Cause Analysis skills?
6. Demonstrated Safety and health assessments/audit skills
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
8. Bilingual in Spanish Preferred
9. Manufacturing Experience Preferred
10. Working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations relating to air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste management
11. Salary Expectation?
12. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
13. Complete Current Address?
This exciting opportunity is featured by KLM Careers a division of Absolute Opportunities.
KLM Careers is not a staffing agency. All of our posted opportunities are current open position with major Corporations.