Job title: R&D Test Engineer
Location: North Haven Connecticut
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team developing test methods for a complex, electro-mechanical system
• Author Test Reports and route documents for approval (strong writing skills)
• Support System team by executing verification testing.
• Communicate test related activities and results with multi-disciplinary team members
• Perform gauge repeatability and reproducibility
• Provide input to engineers to assist in the development of test protocols and prototype builds.
• Capable of developing fixtures, test equipment and test methods to meet engineering requirements.
• Perform mechanical and electrical testing to evaluate new and existing products.
• Generate and analyze test data, and report results per departmental procedures.
• May serve as an extended team member for engineering team meetings.
• Train operators to appropriate SOP’s
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific or equivalent background is required.
• One or more years’ experience in medical device product development or equivalent if required.
• Three or more years’ demonstrated experience and expertise with product testing, test equipment, analysis methodologies and test documentation is required.
• Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and proven hands-on mechanical skills.
• Familiarity with standard test equipment such as imaging scopes, force gauges, calipers, and data loggers is preferred.
• Experience with Measurement Systems, Gauges and Inspection Systems, and Gage R&R is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to perform as a contributing member of cross functional teams, including quality, electronic, and mechanical engineers.
• Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Excel and Word
• Organize and be able to prioritize workload, meet multiple deadlines simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills [oral and written] including listening; and ability to maintain clear project status and interlocks with internal project teams and external test agencies
•Strong interpersonal skills: function as a “team player” and work constructively and cooperatively with all team members in the best interests of the program.
•Strong understanding of basic statistical analysis