Job Title: Sr Delivery Manager - Software Engineering (C#/.Net)
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Location: FRANKLIN, TN
Duration: 9 Months + Contract to Hire
Interview Process: Skype / Telephonic with Delivery Team and Webex or Face to face with Customer
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position?
• Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions.
• Own the applications’ technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
• Drive design and development of resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements
• Ensure that all parts of the application eco system are thoroughly and effectively covered with telemetry
• Relieve the team of “churn” and “waste” by driving automation of menial tasks
• Collaborate with leaders across partner-teams to drive cohesive and optimal solutions
• Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Manage forecasts and budgets from multiple funding sources for engineering team demand
• Recruit and lead a team of full-stack engineers, driving career development and owning standard resource manager responsibilities.
• Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible.
What the candidate is like
• Has a great, positive attitude
• A natural leader… someone people are easily convinced to follow and emulate
• Never blocked. They find a way!
• Willing and eager to dive in and figure it out. No system is built from unicorn horn dust. It’s just code!
•. Takes extreme ownership and pride in their work
• Cares deeply about team culture and builds teams on a foundation of mutual respect
• Will automate something so they don’t have to do it twice
• They build everything “as code”. Infrastructure, pipeline, testing, monitoring, etc.
• Never stops learning
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
• Understanding of SRE principles (error budgets, alarming practices, etc)
• Healthcare domain background
• Development experience in C3, .Net, Cloud, Kubernettes, AngularJS, Message Queues
What skills/attributes are a must have?
• Solid understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops.
• Experience working with teams that leveraged two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture.
• Previous IT leadership experience
• Deep agile development experience; strong understanding of DevOps mindset
• Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• 7+ years of experience with languages such as C# as an engineer
• 1 or more years of production experience with cloud technologies
• 2+ years of production operational support
• 2+ years writing unit or integration tests
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
Instrumenting apps with Prometheus/Grafana, and creating effective alarms and dashboards
• Log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic)