A Distribution company in East LA seeks a Senior Accountant. This company offers a tremendous amount of stability. Great benefits and the opportunity for growth.
• Assist with month-end close process- prepare and review month end journal entries and financial statements
• Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and supporting schedules
• Prepare materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
• Be proactive in identifying process improvements and efficiencies.
• Document and update policies and procedures.
• Assist with adhoc requests as assigned
• Gather supporting documentation, prepare schedules and respond to inquiries from independent accountants during year-end audit
• Bachelor’s degree Business/Accounting/ Finance required
• CPA license and public accounting experience preferred
• 2+ years of experience in the field of accounting and/or reporting required
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
• Ability to understand the big picture while being detailed oriented
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
• Must have drive and desire to research and resolve variances
• Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines