Production Supervisor – Glass Manufacturing - CA #5713
Location Union City California
• Develop, mentor, and train hourly team members on job skills/requirements.
• Drive continuous improvement through a collaborative team environment focused on Lean (TPS) production philosophies
• Meet or exceed departmental KPIs "Key Performance Indicators" (Safety, Quality, On-Time Delivery, and Cost Reduction)
• Collaborate with all internal customers (department managers) on product flow, improvement projects, and daily production requirements
• Manage hourly team members' time cards and schedules, including overtime, and weekend work as required
• Ensures compliance with company policies through effective communications, coaching, training, and development
• Interviewing, hiring, and training direct reports; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and implementing corrective actions; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and making recommendations regarding involuntary separations to the General Manager
Job qualifications and requirements:
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Proven skills in root cause analysis and problem solving, developing short and long-term solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to build, lead and engage people in a team environment, getting results through others
• Ability to work with cross functional departments
• High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 2-4 years directly related glass experience preferred
• Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience in glass related manufacturing or similar.
3. Proven skills in root cause analysis and problem solving, developing short and long-term solutions.
4. Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred.