Senior Quality Technician – Aerospace Industry Manufacturing - ME #5712
Location Windham, ME
Company has an immediate opening at our growing company for an experienced Senior/Principal Quality Assurance Technician with ISO 9001 and AS9100 Aerospace Industry experience. We specialize in aerospace and medical products. The ideal candidate would want to work 45 – 48 hours per week and be able/willing to work additional overtime as needed, including some weekends, be highly motivated, be reliable and quality driven.
This person will program and operate the 3-Axis Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM). Responsible for inspecting machined parts and creating/completing written inspection reports. Perform precision dimensional inspections and layouts on complex parts, machined parts, assemblies, gages, fixtures and tooling. Able to work from SolidWorks models, verbal instructions, sketches, and drawings on established production programs as well as in-development programs.
A. Program and operate the 3-Axis Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) for the inspection of complex parts.
B. Establishes inspection routines and writes programs for the CMM, recording of values and variances from engineering requirements.
C. Prepare, conduct, and maintain accurate reporting of inspection results including AS9100 First Article Inspection plans and able to communicate directly with engineering personnel.
D. Assists Manager/AS9100 coordinator with AS9100 requirements.
E. Read and analyze complicated blueprints and drawings
F. Use High level knowledge of inspection equipment, including height gauges and hand tools and vision systems routinely to meet QMS objectives.
G. Determines methods and sequences necessary to inspect raw, semi-finished and finished experimental, developmental or first article complex parts and assemblies to ensure compliance with our customer and company specifications and quality requirements.
H. Inspect first run and production parts where standard checking devices are not available and special inspection tools are required.
I. Improvise or adapt inspection measuring instruments as needed such as reverse engineering data gathering and exporting data to other formats.
J. Plan inspection procedures (i.e., MRC) and methods on production and developmental projects, where no previous inspection standards have been established, so that all subsequent inspections will be accomplished in accordance with approved inspection practices.
Job Description: Senior/Principal Quality Assurance Technician P2
K. Assist in the activities of and train other inspectors as directed.
L. Support and participates in Continuous Improvement activities as required.
M. Maintains the highest ethical standards even when challenged from above.
N. Assist with quoting of quality functions for new projects
O. Keep accurate inspection records and communicate directly with engineering personnel.
A. Education and Training
1. Certificate or Associates Degree in manufacturing or related technical field preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Additional education to include quality training and problem solving disciplines (i.e. Operational Management, Leadership /Coaching, Statistical Quality Control/Statistical Process Control, etc.).
3. Keeping up-to-date technically and applying industry specific knowledge, especially related to using inspection tools is an ongoing expectation.
4. Working knowledge of AS9100/ISO9001 standards
B. Technical Requirements
1. High mechanical aptitude with strong mathematical skills, to include but not limited to trigonometry, geometry, metric conversions, etc. to problem solve and improve operations. Ideally with a minimum of 7 years’ experience using shop mathematics in a manufacturing environment, aerospace preferred.
2. Possess expert level blueprint reading skills with commensurate in-depth working knowledge of and practical experience in valid inspection methods.
3. Possess expert competency in reading and understanding GD&T, part alignment, and engineering specs with a minimum of 5 years hands on experience.
4. Minimum 7 years CMM/Inspection experience in Manufacturing Quality Assurance, aerospace preferred with a minimum of 3 years programming/operation of CMM (Calypso preferred).
5. Minimum 5 years FAI inspection experience in a manufacturing environment, aerospace preferred.
6. Intermediate to advanced skill level on a variety of inspection instruments and precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, various styles of gauges like thread and bore, etc.
7. Good to Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
8. Previous experience utilizing a Quality Management System (QMS) with inspection requirements, company quality standards, and military specifications. AS9100 certified manufacturing facility experience preferred.
9. Highly organized as demonstrated by but not limited to being able to keep records (including relevant correspondence) in a sensible & logical format easily accessible by them as well as by others.
10. Ideally 5 years of 3D Modeling Experience, Solidworks preferred.
11. Continuous Improvement or Six Sigma experience a plus
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Certificate or Associates Degree in manufacturing or related technical field preferred.
2. 7+ years of CMM Inspection experience in Manufacturing Quality Assurance.
3. 3+ years of CMM programming experience (Calypso preferred).
4. 5+ years of FAI inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
5. Experience with AS9100/ISO9001 standards.
6. Aerospace industry experience preferred.
7. Salary expectations.