ob Title: Software Developer for SDN/NFV in Orange Labs Egypt
Location: Smart Village, Giza, Egypt
About Orange Labs Egypt:
* Orange Labs in Egypt (OLE) has been established as one of Orange International Labs to focus on introducing new services for the AMEA region. OLE keeps growing and adapting priorities to adapt for regional market changes.
* Today Orange Labs Egypt researchers, software, mobile, firmware and hardware developers are working on variety of areas to support AMEA market as well as local ecosystem needs and achieve Orange Group objective of being the key Telecom and IT solutions provider in the region.
* In partnership with public and private Universities and Research Institutes, OLE extends to Egyptian research community Orange distinctive model of Industry/Academia partnership. OLE hosts Master, Doctorate and Post-Doctorate researchers who are furthering their training through research with Orange teams in selected directions.
About the role:
* Orange Labs Egypt is looking to fill in the position of Software Developer to work on the SDN/NFV Domains.
* Work with the Solution Architect and other team members to analyze the customer requirements, and reach a suitable software solution architecture that addresses the requirements.
* Develop the solution using the identified frameworks and test the code using standard code quality analysis tools.
* Work with open source and/or commercial solutions to develop the solution.
* Participate to periodical progress review meetings with the customer to track the development progress, address issues that come up, and fine-tune the final results.
* Continue to work the Solution Architects and other Software Developers in the team in building, testing, and supporting the final solution that would be use in customer production environment.
* Develop the needed technical documentation and manuals needed by the customer to start using and maintaining the solution.
* Contribute to the open source community SDN/NFV projects the lessons learned, new ideas, and new code, based on the implemented use cases above.
* Have BSc Computer Science or Computer Engineering university degree.
* Mandatory knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Micro Services Architectures
* Mandatory experience with web servers, e.g. Apache httpd, Apache Tomcat, Node.js, NGINX, etc ...
* Mandatory experience with Git, Gerrit, Maven, etc ...
* Mandatory experience with web frameworks, e.g. HTML, XML, CSS, Restful Webservices, REST API, etc ...
* Mandatory experience with databases, e.g. SQL, MySQL, MariaDB, JDBC, Hibernate, Cassandra, TitanDB, etc ...
* Prefer experience with Linux OS and Shell Scripting
* Prefer experience with messaging frameworks, e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc ...
* Prefer experience with Python
* Prefer experience with automation frameworks, e.g. Robot Framework, Postman, etc ...
* Prefer experience with code quality analysis tools, e.g. Sonar, etc ...
* Prefer experience with virtualization technologies, e.g. KVM, VMWARE, Openstack, etc ...
* Prefer experience with container technologies, e.g. LXC, Dockers, Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm, etc ...
* Prefer experience with CI/CD, e.g. Jenkins
* Prefer experience with Agile Methodologies, Scrum Process, and tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, etc ...
* Have a real passion for clean code; unit testing; automation testing and continuous delivery
* Have drive with practicality; a critical thinker; dedicated to solving problems at team level; are open and flexible
* Passionate and creative about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architectures
* Capable to write clear technical documentation
* Have strong written and verbal communication abilities
Please send updated CVs to