Maintains general ledgers and performs the complete accounting cycle in compliance with established practices and generally accepted accounting principles. Adheres to internal control policies and procedures. Analyzes data and translates into meaningful information. Provides management and financial statement users with relevant, comparable, and accurate data on which to base decisions. Continuously improves and serves as a resource in their area of transactional activity.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• CPA or MBA preferred.
• Plant Cost Accounting or Prior Inventory Accounting experience required.
• Strong computer skills in SAP and Microsoft Excel required.
• Excellent communications skills required
• Candidate must be self-managed and self-motivated as well as have the ability to organize time and efforts to meet deadlines.
• The successful candidate must have acute analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work as a member of several teams simultaneously.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of business processes to support inventory and intercompany accounting processing.
• Serve as a resource for SBU Controllers, Business Analysts, and Plant Accountants with inventory related issues, questions and inquiries.
• Execute monthly SAP (ML) closing activities.
• Provide accurate and timely reports to management from GCAP, SAP (ML) and Business Warehouse (BW/CEDW) as needed.
• Responsible for monitoring ending inventory balances and COGs by performing unit rate analysis on monthly basis.
• Responsible for intercompany unrealized transfer profit (UTP) and gross transfer profit (GTP) reconciliations.
• Accountable for the LIFO unit rate analysis.
• Perform data maintenance to support business processes changes as a key member of team supporting finance master data process and operations.
• Annual property tax reporting related to inventory.
• Active/Integral member of the ML team focused on driving standardization, simplification and process improvements.
• Ensure financial integrity for inventory balance sheet, COGS & related P&L cost.
• Create, maintain & communicate documentation and process training.
• Ensure SOX compliance.
• Promote financial stewardship and ensure that financial practices are in accordance with GAAP and DuPont accounting practices and policies within the context of the Global DSAP design.