Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top facility in New York!
Currently looking to hire a New York State certified Medical Technologist who wants to be part in building and advancing our new laboratory.
Great opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative team dedicated to help improving peoples’ health.
This is a full time position, from 7a-3p, ideally with some flexibility on hours if needed.
- Perform chemical analyses of blood and urine samples to test for normal and abnormal composition of body fluids.
- Operate laboratory equipment and perform tests using computerized instruments & automated equipment.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment is clean, functional, and calibrated.
- Complete regular quality control procedures and preventive instrument maintenance, follow manufacturer's instructions when troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Stock and organize reagents, consumables and laboratory supplies. Maintain company inventory records, avoid waste and expiration.
- Update and operate Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- Respond to patient, physician, and vendor inquiries.
- Compile thorough and professional laboratory reports.
- Update and maintain your knowledge base by attending workshops, reading, and participating in professional organizations.
- Clean laboratory area and adhere to sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Properly and safely dispose of hazardous and infectious waste and materials.
- Adhere to respective federal, state and local laws and regulations.
* Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science or allied health technologies.
* Current valid licensure by NYS SED as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required, or licensure-eligible with a limited permit or limited license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
* At least 6 years of experience in a medical laboratory setting.
* In-depth understanding of FDA and state health laws and regulations.
* Detail-oriented and highly organized individual.
* Demonstrate familiarity with complex medical equipment (ideally Siemens equipment).
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and LIS.
* Flexibility in terms of working hours and tasks.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: