Full-time Microbiology Medical Technologist needed at a top facility right outside of Nashville!
Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00am - 2:30pm
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) who is responsible for day to day specimen processing, analysis and results reporting.
The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Medical Technologist with assistance of Medical Technologist III Lead.
- Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
- Design and update procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
- Assist the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Produce, interpret, and report accurate and precise test results.
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicate pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Perform instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Validate new methods.
- Handle CAP surveys.
- Address client concerns.
- Assist in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
* Bachelors Degree
* National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist as a Medical Technologist (MT).
* Must hold a valid Tennessee Medical Technologist License.
* Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
* One year job-related experience required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: