Job Title: Network & Automation Engineer
Location: Smart Village, Giza, Egypt
About Orange Labs Egypt:
* Orange Labs in Egypt (OLE) has been established as one of Orange International Labs to focus on introducing new services for the AMEA region. OLE keeps growing and adapting priorities to adapt for regional market changes.
* Today Orange Labs Egypt researchers, software, mobile, firmware and hardware developers are working on variety of areas to support AMEA market as well as local ecosystem needs and achieve Orange Group objective of being the key Telecom and IT solutions provider in the region.
* In partnership with public and private Universities and Research Institutes, OLE extends to Egyptian research community Orange distinctive model of Industry/Academia partnership. OLE hosts Master, Doctorate and Post-Doctorate researchers who are furthering their training through research with Orange teams in selected directions.
About the role:
* Orange Labs Egypt is looking to fill in the position of Integration, Validation, and Automation Engineers to work with Orange France and Orange Affiliates in the Middle East and Africa Region.
* Work with Orange Group Affiliates like Orange mobile operators to address new product requirements and develop technical specifications of the new requirements.
* Work with Vendors to develop the new products and/or new features, based on the technical specifications, in order to obtain prototype to be validated.
* Performing various levels of testing of new product features, as well as regression and performance testing.
* Collaborating with developers and other members of the team in testing requirements and release planning.
* Identifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs, that would be addressed to the Hardware and/or Software Vendors.
* Verifying fixes, through execution of defined test scenarios
* Working in Agile mode with a Sprint each month
* Design, build, and maintain simple to complex virtual/physical lab scenarios to perform validation on simulation/production networks.
* Design, develop and execute automation test scripts.
* Have BSc Computer or Communications Engineering university degree, with 3+ years of experience in one or more of the below domains :
* Data Access Networks Domain: Experience in Telecommunications, specifically WAN/LAN technologies, like xDSL, FTTx, MetroEthernet, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Routers and Switches from different vendors.
* And/Or Wireless Communication Domain: Experience in wireless communications (802.11x, WiMAX).
* And/Or VOIP Domain: Experience in carrier class voice network services (VOIP, SIP, SDP, RTP, SIP Trunk)
* And/or IPTV Domain: Experience in VoD and Live Streaming TV solutions and STBs from different vendors.
* And/Or Security Domain: Experience in Security and related protocols (Firewalls, Encryption protocols, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, SFTP, IPSEC, etc…)
* Experience in building and operating simple to complex virtual/physical lab scenarios to perform validation on simulation/production networks is preferred.
* Knowledge of virtual network labs simulation tools such as GNS3 or Cisco Packet Tracer is a plus
* Knowledge of open source SIP Servers or Media servers such as OpenSIPS, Kamailio and Asterisk is a plus
* Knowledge of network monitoring tools such as Wireshark or PRTG is a plus
* Knowledge of Network Design tools such MS Visio is a plus
* Knowledge of Linux OS, and Shell/Python Scripting is a plus
* Knowledge of automated test suites, frameworks such as Jenkins, Selenium, Robot Framework, Python scripting, to automate manual testing or tasks is a plus
* Knowledge of Agile mode, Sprints, and working with JIRA is a plus.
* ISTQB Foundation Certification is preferred.
* Fluent in English is a must
* Fluent in French is a plus